Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skank, paste me the contents of your config file /boot/config/plugins/dropbox/dropbox.cfg.  I'll try to replicate here.

peter_sm: yes it's possible although not in the plugin at this time.  In fact I first created a plugin version where it was possible to choose between root or a user defined user, but later dropped the idea in favour of user nobody as it seemed to make sense.  Can I ask why you'd want to run as another user?

peter, there shouldn't need to chmod to 777.  I designed the plugin to run as user nobody, so that all files and directories will be world read/writable.  That is to say, all the entries in your chosen dropbox data directory, should be rwxrwx---,nobody:users.  Since the plugin is running as user 'nobody', only the first set of rwx permissions matter.  So anything from chmod 700 should work.  Remember, it's the ownership as much as the file permissions which are going to dictate what you can/can't do from over  samba.

Did you start from fresh, or is the plugin inheriting an old dropbox data dir?  If the latter, then you will probably need to reset the permissions so everything is as it should be.

For your dropbox data directory, change the ownership and permissions.  eg, if your dropbox data directory is /mnt/disk1/Dropbox then;

chmod -R 770 /mnt/disk1/Dropbox

chown -R nobody:users /mnt/disk1/Dropbox

Then do a few tests for me.  Upload a file using dropbox web, watch it sync to UnRAID and see if you can rename/edit it.  Then create a new file over samba from Windows box to the UnRAID dropbox data dir.  Lastly drop to command line and check the file permissions for both.  They should both be user nobody:users with at least rwx as  the first set of permissions.

Regards,

overbyrn

After a fress install I see this... on my cache disk

drwx------  7 nobody users   240 2012-10-20 18:22 Dropbox/
drwx------  3 nobody users   432 2012-10-20 18:22 .dropbox/

and after executing following command I can access the folder from W7

chmod -R 770 /mnt/cache/Dropbox
chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/Dropbox

Then do a few tests for me.  Upload a file using dropbox web, watch it sync to UnRAID and see if you can rename/edit it.  Then create a new file over samba from Windows box to the UnRAID dropbox data dir.  Lastly drop to command line and check the file permissions for both.  They should both be user nobody:users with at least rwx as  the first set of permissions.

Regards,

overbyrn

All works fine ..... :-)

so something need to be change in the plugin to get right permission... ;-)

peter, I'll check and see if there's anything else that needs to be added to make sure the folders have the correct permissions and ownsership.

Just to be sure though... now you've done the permission changes, can you try to put a file onto your dropbox via dropbox upload on the web site or via another server running dropbox on the LAN such as a PC.  Reason being if you just dump files across from windows/samba then those files will be created on Unraid as user nobody with full permissions.  The gotcha will be if the dropbox deamon on Unraid grabs a file from the cloud etc.  It should still work because the plugin is running as user nobody, so the file it places into your dropbox folder should also inherit those permissions.

But just for completeness, please give it a try and let me know if you get any issues trying to open ,rename or edit the file.  That was the reason for redoing this plugin so that there's never any issue where the files come from, they'll always inherit the permissions and user rights for nobody.

Cheers,

overbyrn.

# dropbox configuration:

SERVICE="enable"

DROPBOXDBDIR="/mnt/cache/DropboxDB"

DROPBOXDIR="/mnt/cache/Dropbox"

skank, I think I've found the source of the problem where the plugin wasn't starting correctly after a reboot.  I've reworked some of the startup logic and hopefully the issue is fixed.  Please can you re-download the plugin from my earlier dropbox link, overwrite your current version and let me know if you still get problems with the plugin not starting after a reboot.

Just wanted to pop in and say I installed the plugin, and after re-working my install directories (I'm used to installing everything/mnt/user/*, not /mnt/cache/* or /mnt/disk*/*) everything appears to be working A OK. It's currently downloading the file list, and later this week I'll give the server a reboot.

Thanks for FINALLY updating this. It's been a long time needed.

# dropbox configuration:

SERVICE="enable"

DROPBOXDBDIR="/mnt/cache/DropboxDB"

DROPBOXDIR="/mnt/cache/Dropbox"

skank, I think I've found the source of the problem where the plugin wasn't starting correctly after a reboot.  I've reworked some of the startup logic and hopefully the issue is fixed.  Please can you re-download the plugin from my earlier dropbox link, overwrite your current version and let me know if you still get problems with the plugin not starting after a reboot.

Working perfect now! Even after reboots ! Thx a lot mate !

I do have one questions, is there anyway to changed the settings in unRaid Dropbox like the usual desktop application? Such as selective sync, LAN options, things like that.

Dropbox Linux daemon understands the following config options...

root@Eddie:~# HOME=/usr/local/dropbox; /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py help
Dropbox command-line interface

commands:

Note: use dropbox help <command> to view usage for a specific command.

status       get current status of the dropboxd
help         provide help
puburl       get public url of a file in your dropbox
stop         stop dropboxd
running      return whether dropbox is running
start        start dropboxd
filestatus   get current sync status of one or more files
ls           list directory contents with current sync status
autostart    automatically start dropbox at login
exclude      ignores/excludes a directory from syncing
lansync      enables or disables LAN sync

Lansync is enabled by default...

root@Eddie:/root# HOME=/usr/local/dropbox; /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py help lansync
dropbox lansync [y/n]

options:
  y  dropbox will use LAN sync (default)
  n  dropbox will not use LAN sync

It may be possible to setup sync exclusions...

root@Eddie:/root# HOME=/usr/local/dropbox; /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py help exclude
dropbox exclude [list]
dropbox exclude add [DIRECTORY] [DIRECTORY] ...
dropbox exclude remove [DIRECTORY] [DIRECTORY] ...

"list" prints a list of directories currently excluded from syncing.
"add" adds one or more directories to the exclusion list, then resynchronizes Dropbox.
"remove" removes one or more directories from the exclusion list, then resynchronizes Dropbox.
With no arguments, executes "list".
Any specified path must be within Dropbox.

The installation file will not download the dropbox installer. Any fixes?

root@Chiroru:~# installplg /boot/config/plugins/Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg 
installing plugin: Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv
file /boot/packages/dropbox.tgz: downloading from http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 ... ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to www.dropbox.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
bad download, deleting

The installation file will not download the dropbox installer. Any fixes?

root@Chiroru:~# installplg /boot/config/plugins/Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg 
installing plugin: Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv
file /boot/packages/dropbox.tgz: downloading from http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 ... ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':
  Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.
To connect to www.dropbox.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
bad download, deleting

There is a modified version of the plugin attached to a previous post in this thread which resolves the problem.

However, may I suggest that you try the updated plugin available on this forum thread instead:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=23287.0

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.

I'm hoping someone can help with this.

My Dropbox is also not working, and has gone unnoticed for quite some time. :S

I've - as far as I know - deleted all existing data that might relate to Dropbox (DB, program, and I renamed the data directory).

I uninstalled the plugin and restarted the server.

Everything appeared to be clean.

I reinstalled the plugin, and linked it to my account.

Everything seemed to be working, and started counting down the remaining files to sync.

It got to about 2011 and that's where it stayed. Similar to other accounts.

I've tried clearing the system multiple times without success.

I'm a nitwit when it comes to linux, so if you could please provide some guidance and speak to me with tiny words, it would be MUCH appreciated.

I'm running unraid 5.0.4

Downloaded the dropbox plugin referred to a couple of posts up.

Application version is 2.6.20

Script version in 1.6.2

flash/packages has a python-2.7.3-i686-5PTr.txz

Not sure if that's the correct version.

It had an older version, but I deleted it.

Thanks guys.

Ryan

Update.

I think I was suffering from the permissions issue as well.

Ran the chmod command (or whatever it was) and restarted the server - the files have all updated.

Rejoice :)

The only 'issue' now, is that in the UI for my dropbox settings, it says.

Dropbox Local version v2.10.28                      Online version v2.6.20

Plugin Local version v1.5                                Online version 1.5

And I get a [update Dropbox Build] button.

I'm resisting doing it because:

a) it doesn't make sense

b) it's working.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...