Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dropbox daemon files/socket etc are in /mnt/cache/.dropbox

all my dropbox sync'd files are in user share of /mnt/user/Dropbox

Myk

btw, i am using the dropbox plugin of Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg in located in /boot/config/plugins

Just thinking out loud... so I'm guessing that if you're using the plugin then from the gui your config is probably something like 'Dropbox Directory' = /mnt/usr/Dropbox & 'Dropbox Database Directory' = /mnt/cache/.dropbox?  If so, then under the hood there's probably symlinks in /root pointing to those locations and also a .dropbox-dist directory.

Assuming the above is true, do you have file read/write permission issues?  eg. create a new file from a PC running the client or upload to the cloud and then when it shows up in your unraid dropbox, try to open or modify it?

For me, the reason I moved things around was until I removed the dependency on dropbox application to run in /root, I wasn't able to open or modify files (on unraid dropbox sync'd area) that I'd created elsewhere.

dropbox daemon files/socket etc are in /mnt/cache/.dropbox

all my dropbox sync'd files are in user share of /mnt/user/Dropbox

Myk

btw, i am using the dropbox plugin of Dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg in located in /boot/config/plugins

Just thinking out loud... so I'm guessing that if you're using the plugin then from the gui your config is probably something like 'Dropbox Directory' = /mnt/usr/Dropbox & 'Dropbox Database Directory' = /mnt/cache/.dropbox?  If so, then under the hood there's probably symlinks in /root pointing to those locations and also a .dropbox-dist directory.

Assuming the above is true, do you have file read/write permission issues?  eg. create a new file from a PC running the client or upload to the cloud and then when it shows up in your unraid dropbox, try to open or modify it?

For me, the reason I moved things around was until I removed the dependency on dropbox application to run in /root, I wasn't able to open or modify files (on unraid dropbox sync'd area) that I'd created elsewhere.

I have never gone looking for those files, after my initial setup, it just works.  And I have yet to have any permission issues, but granted I do not copy/delete/modify any of the dropbox files on the server - its sole purpose is a backup of my cloud files....

Myk

Known Issues

• Dropbox cannot be installed to /mnt/user/[somepath].

Thanks

SeeDrs

i just realize this. i wonder how mykroft able to use /mnt/user/Dropbox

I am going to assume that means the dropbox data directory, the actual dropbox files can be any path you wish.

When I take the array offline, dropbox is shutdown as well, and of course the /mnt/user/Dropbox dir is not accessable, but can directly access/mount it by using the indv diskX method.

my /mnt/cache/.dropbox contains the following:

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.dropbox# ls -la
total 42
drwx------  3 nobody users   344 2012-04-05 12:57 ./
drwxrwx--- 11 nobody users   280 2012-04-06 05:35 ../
srw-------  1 root   root      0 2012-04-05 12:56 command_socket=
-rw-------  1 root   root   3072 2012-04-05 12:57 config.db
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users  3072 2012-04-05 12:57 config.dbx
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users     5 2012-04-05 12:56 dropbox.pid
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users   193 2012-03-30 00:23 host.dbx
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root     81 2012-04-05 12:57 hostkeys
srw-------  1 root   root      0 2012-04-05 12:56 iface_socket=
drwxrwx---  2 nobody users  1584 2012-04-06 10:59 l/
-rw-rw----  1 nobody users 13312 2012-03-19 22:25 photo.dbx
-rw-r--r--  1 root   root    136 2012-04-05 12:57 unlink.db

and my /mnt/user/Dropbox is my normal files that is accessable on any linked account

I just used the plugin and it worked - no messing with it - the plugin does have the URL to click on to link the dropbox setup to a account

also just checked my /mnt/user/Dropbox folder - all files are owned by nobody.users

Myk

ok...

accessing dropbox files via \\tower\Dropbox - got permission denied

so i went thru telnet and changed the permissions on the user share to 755 and can now access the dropbox folder via windows, but as you mentioned above, I can not access any of them.

For me personally this is not a prob, as I can access via indv computers directly into dropbox files...

But, am going to continue to see what is going on and see if I/we can figure out a easy perminate solution....

Myk

in my /root folder I have 2 symlinks and 1 folder

lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   19 2012-04-05 12:56 .dropbox -> /mnt/cache/.dropbox/
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root    0 2012-03-19 18:21 .dropbox-dist/
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   17 2012-04-05 12:56 Dropbox -> /mnt/user/Dropbox/

added the "sudo -u nobody" to my package script, shutdown the array and restarted it and still get:

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# ps -ef | grep dropbox
root      9345  7476  0 11:41 pts/1    00:00:00 grep dropbox
root     27967     1  3 11:40 ?        00:00:01 /root/.dropbox-dist/dropbox

so even tho i told it to run as user nobody

my start command is

function startdropbox() {
    global $newline, $log;

echo("Starting dropbox...");

exec_log("HOME=/root; sudo -u nobody /usr/local/sbin/dropbox.py start;");
    sleep(3);
    echo("Completed$newline");

}

which is correct?

am trying to keep everything as stock as possible for those without a cache drive....

Thanks

Myk

• 2 months later...

trying to install i get error

root@Unraid:/boot/config/plugins# installplg /boot/config/plugins/dropbox-0.1i468-1atv.plg

installing plugin: dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv

file /boot/packages/dropbox.tgz: downloading from http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 ... ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued                                                                                                                                by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':

Unable to locally verify the issuer's authority.

To connect to www.dropbox.com insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.

bad download, deleting

root@Unraid:/boot/config/plugins#

I copied the plg file to the pluginsdirectory and started the command as specified in the forum:

installplg /boot/config/plugins/dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg

Unfortunately dropbox does not install, it gives me the following error:

file /boot/packages/dropbox.tgz: downloading from http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 ... ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':

bad download, deleting

root@Tower:~# installplg /boot/config/plugins/dropbox-0.1-i468-1atv.plg

file /boot/packages/dropbox.tgz: downloading from http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 ... ERROR: cannot verify www.dropbox.com's certificate, issued by `/C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./CN=Thawte SSL CA':

bad download, deleting

Looks like something on dropbox's side, but is there a way to cirumvent this ?

I change line 13 of the plugin file to

<URL>http://www.dropbox.com/download/?plat=lnx.x86 --no-check-certificate</URL>

And line 23 to

<URL>http://www.dropbox.com/download?dl=packages/dropbox.py --no-check-certificate</URL>

And it seemed to work fine. I attached the file if you want to use it.

For what its worth, I don't really know what the implications of

--no-check-certificate

is, so use it at your own risk.

aha thx , trying it now :) !

Someone should adjust main post :)

anyone willing to help?

I installed plugin, its in my settings page and its connected to my existing dropbox

how do i go further now?

i cant seem to find the folders....

i installed it on cache

the two folders dropbox and dropboxdb beginning with "." so its moved with the script

how do i go further?

Cant access one of the two . folders either

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling a bit - like Skank.  I think we're at the same place.  I installed the plugin (with the couple of modifications suggested because of the certificate issue).

I set \\tower\disk1\ as my location and I see two folders created (Dropbox and .dropbox), and I've followed the link and connected to my Dropbox account, and for a moment the Unraid Plugin screen indicated a number of files to sync.

Plugin shows "Enabled" and status of "Idle."  I think it did Sync, but when I try to connect to the share with \\tower\disk1\dropbox I get a permission denied error...  So I created a share in the UnRaid webgui - and from within the webgui I can browse the share (this might be the SimpleFeatures plugin) and indeed it is synced to my DropBox account - but how do I access the share?

Perhaps MyKroFt and I are at about the same place now - but I lack the knowledge he clearly has in this area.  Ideas of things to try?

Thanks,

Russell

For what its worth, I don't really know what the implications of

--no-check-certificate

is, so use it at your own risk.

--no-check-certificate basically tells wget to trust the website and not try to authenticate the websites security certificate.

Unraid can't check the certificate so there is no alternative.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Plugin shows "Enabled" and status of "Idle."  I think it did Sync, but when I try to connect to the share with \\tower\disk1\dropbox I get a permission denied error...  So I created a share in the UnRaid webgui - and from within the webgui I can browse the share (this might be the SimpleFeatures plugin) and indeed it is synced to my DropBox account - but how do I access the share?

Perhaps MyKroFt and I are at about the same place now - but I lack the knowledge he clearly has in this area.  Ideas of things to try?

I was in the same position a few weeks ago, but if I remember correctly then

chown -R nobody:users Dropbox

from the /mnt/disk1 folder solved all my problems

Dropbox runs as root, rather than nobody so it gives permission problems..

Strange thing, but everytime i reboot or restart, i need to relink my dropbox account (click the activation)

how come?

any idea?

I also have the problem now , that unraid automatically adds the dropbox folder as share too (same with the sabnzb plugin)

A little Googling Linux commands - anyone who had the permissions problem like I described earlier, here's the fix:

Telnet to your UnRaid

type:  cd /mnt/disk1  [enter]

type:  chown -R nobody:users Dropbox [enter]  (Not sure if you must follow the case, but I did so).

Thanks for the help STourWalk.

Russell