UNRAID not showing up on windows 7 network places

Okay, so I've tried to do everything perfectly. I've followed this to the T as far as I know: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Configuration_Tutorial

I have made a share: Media, Split Level 2, High water, Everyone can read/write. It can export SMB fine etc.

Why isn't it showing up? My workgroup is set to mshome and local master is set to "no".

I can not see anything. Are there any settings I have to adjust on my Windows 7 PC so I can see it? I think I have homegroup enabled if thats any help... I can not actually remember setting up workgroup.

P.S. My MBP can connect to the tower by me typing connect to smb://tower and it will work. However it doesn't show up on the side (nor does my windows PC actually).

Are you sure the workgroup on your computer is Mshome? Right click on My Computer and go "Properties". It will say which workgroup you actually are in. I believe the default is "WORKGROUP".

If you've tried that and it doesn't work, go to explorer and type in \\IPADDRESSOFSERVER such as \\192.168.1.1 or something like that. Then, right click on a share and go "Map Network Drive" for it to show up in "My Computer".

• 5 years later...

I know this is old, but this might help someone. To fix this, you need to go to network and sharing center -> change adapter settings. Right-click on your adapter -> properties -> internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPV4) -> properties -> Advanced.

Then click on the WINS tab, and ensure you have "Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP" ticked, then click "add".

Insert the IP address of your server, click "Add", and ok everything. Now go into file explorer, click on Network and it will appear.