Level One Certification: ASRock E350M1 (AMD Zacate)

I have a Sapphire E350M1 and i got 15MB/s when i write, but if i launch two write i got 2x15MB/s, maybe need to change something in Linux settings.

And the parity syncing is very slow 1-3MB/s.

I also have the Sapphire E350M1. Fantastic board. No Realtek NIC so no LAN problems. Slow transfers of about 15MB/s when using unRaid cp or rsync to transfer files from my Windows box to unRaid. But 45MB/s using Windows box to do the same transfers. This is with no parity installed. Parity check on an old SATA drive was at 75MB/s.

The only problem with this motherboard is that the first two 2 of 6 SATA ports do not recognise my Hitachi 3TB hard drives, although they recognise smaller drives. May just need a new bios from Sapphire. Three other ports work fine with 3TB drives. Haven't checked the 6th port yet. Overall I'm more than pleased so far. Using unRaid 5.0b10.

Just an update. The problem with hard disk detection was caused by a bad pin on a power cable. I now have a total of 6 3TB Hitachi drives working in unRaid. Used an e-SATA to SATA cable to mount the 6th drive. That gives me 15TB + parity without using any SATA/SAS cards! I can't recommend this motherboard enough  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Sapphire E350M1 and i got 15MB/s when i write, but if i launch two write i got 2x15MB/s, maybe need to change something in Linux settings.

And the parity syncing is very slow 1-3MB/s.

I also have the Sapphire E350M1. Fantastic board. No Realtek NIC so no LAN problems. Slow transfers of about 15MB/s when using unRaid cp or rsync to transfer files from my Windows box to unRaid. But 45MB/s using Windows box to do the same transfers. This is with no parity installed. Parity check on an old SATA drive was at 75MB/s.

The only problem with this motherboard is that the first two 2 of 6 SATA ports do not recognise my Hitachi 3TB hard drives, although they recognise smaller drives. May just need a new bios from Sapphire. Three other ports work fine with 3TB drives. Haven't checked the 6th port yet. Overall I'm more than pleased so far. Using unRaid 5.0b10.

Just an update. The problem with hard disk detection was caused by a bad pin on a power cable. I now have a total of 6 3TB Hitachi drives working in unRaid. Used an e-SATA to SATA cable to mount the 6th drive. That gives me 15TB + parity without using any SATA/SAS cards! I can't recommend this motherboard enough  ;D

The power consumption, specially in idle mode from a cool board like this is... Do you know ?

With this command

modprobe powernow-k8

i got 29 watts with my Sapphire E350M1

Ops... can i execute this comand in mine too ? i3 2100T

EDIT: this comand is only for AMD CPUs :(

correct, you will need to modprobe something like speedstep or the like.  I don't remember them all but a google search for something like "modprobe intel" should bring back what you need.