Setup with Active Directory Detailed

How to do it from start to finish:

unRaid NAS Server Setup

I found that if I did not set it up in the order that I show above I would get all sorts of security errors.  

***If you are setting up Active Directory it is essential that you do all the setup steps first before turning on the array.  If you turn on the array before setting up Active Directory it probably will not function correctly with security errors***

• 5 months later...

that sucks though, right? 

Like...I've run the free version for a month or so.  I've got 2 1.5tb drives and 2 1tb drives. I've got a pretty good chunk of data riding on this thing now.  So I've tried joining my domain, and that works fine, but then I can't access any of the shares.  I can't figure a way, and I've googled the heck out of my issues but I'm not really finding me much. 

I even tried setting up a new share, but that didn't work either.  I thought maybe I could get it working and then move the files over from a telnet session.

hmmmm...so there's no upgrade path for what i'm doing?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i'm planning on moving to the LDAP authentication as soon as I buy the license, very soon.

anyone else try this ? tryin to join AFTER the fact?

Thanks!

there's LDAP authentication?  I haven't seen anything on that....the AD stuff doesn't seem to be very well documented.... or my google-fu is weak on this subject....I don't know.